12 March 2012

Sick? Then SHOP Online!


When you've been as sick as I've been the last couple of months, you can get a bit stir crazy. I didn't go out much except to the doctors. Even though I was weak and didn't do too much, I was still stir crazy, especially as I getting better. I also needed some inspiration. I wanted a few new crafty items to add to my stash that would inspire me and also be quick and easy to add to any project. The photo above was my results from a few hours of surfing.

It all started with me blog hopping, you know..as you do...I went through my Google Reader to see what was new and I landed on a blog with cards covered in tons these flowers. Lucky for me she had a link to the site. So I followed the link and found alllll kinds of beaituful flowers at a VERY good price with really great postage costs. And that site was Mulberry Crafts UK. As I looked over all the pretty flowers in all kinds of colours I got a bit confused on the sizes of the flowers but I didn't care too much. They were so pretty! Since my budget was limited I ended up with a selection of flowers in white, cream and ivory. My idea was that I could colourise the flowers myself using my Copic Markers, Distress Inks and watercolours. There were a few exceptions though. I ordered light purple Lilac a bag ofyellow centred daisies and on the sale page was a set of black large roses. Last but not least I also got a bag of cream organza bows which I will also dye myself.

Then I got it in my mind that I wanted to try Washi Tape. This is a big thing now in America and I was seeing it used on all kinds of crafter's blogs. If you don't know what it is....Washi Tape is a Japanese Masking tape that comes in lots of colours, designs and widths. They are easy to use since they are a sticky backed tape go great for borders and such. Another thing is Washi Tape is also a bit transparent. So off on a Google search for Washi Tape. I found a few places but I ended up on my tried and true Amazon.co.uk. I found some at a shop called Object&Line that sold through Amazon. While looking through their shop I also found this really cool twine set by Nutscene. I wanted Bakers Twice which I will get later but I like this twine too. Nutscene twine is Gardener's Twine so it's a bit rougher and more like jute. I like as it's a bit more country...lol.

So that's the results of me being bored of being sick and having a crafty itch. I've used some of these in projects already and I really liked using them. I just ordered some more stuff I found really cheap and as soon as I get them I'll let you see 'em!

Hugs & Blessings, Dorothy
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...