03 January 2012

2012 Resolution #1 - Lose Weight Get Healthy

2012 Resolution #1 - Lose Weight Get Healthy

I know I know...borrrrring! EVERYONE chooses this as a resolution...what's the big deal. Well thsi is a big one for me as the last 2 years I've been getting bigger and bigger. I've also been more and more senditary. Many would say I have a good reason for this..I'm a paraplegic. I am confined to a wheelchair and I don't get to leave the house very often. Since I'm at home most of time I spend most of my time sitting at the computer...not a very healthy lifestyle at the present. Add to the fact I am overweight to start with and have Type II Diabetes. UGH!

Thing is...even though I am overweight, I do eat very healthy. I have eliminated dairy , limit meat to 3-4 times per week, eat many vegetables, fruit and grains. I eat a lot of beans and lentils to to make up my protein. I take lots of vitamins as well. I've been eating this way for over years. Trouble is.... I LOVE cake. I do like my sweets but another of my problems is I just eat too much. I am an over eater. I love all food, healthy food but even too much of a good thing will make you gain weight if you aren't able to move around very much or control your portions. Years ago before I became paralysed, I used to go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week, did aerobics, pilates and took dance lessons. I was active..now I'm not and I have to change. Since I cannot stand or walk I've had to come up with my own exercises. I am playing Tennis on the Wii and my hope is that it helps my balance as I am paralysed kind of high up. I'm also doing stomach crunches in bed. If anyone out there has any other suggestions for exercises for the disabled...give me a shout!

One thing I started yesterday was a Food Journal. I am doing it in Excel at the moment but I want to create a pretty album to place my charts it. I will print out each day and place it in the album so I can look back on what I've been eating and I will also add my exercise log to it as well. Another book on my list is a Recipe Book. This will help me with meal plans and give me ideas on good things to eat.

I really could write a book on this...lol. I hope I gave you some ideas. Below are images and ideas to help you with your own weight loss resolution...hope I've inspired you!

===============================================================

Here are some examples of food journals you can make yourself. Below the image are links to the blogs of each journal's creator so you can check them out yourself:

1. Prairie Paper & Ink

2. Karen Spaiches Get Scrappy

3. Ramadhan Planner Blog

If you love your mobile (cell) phone, then these cool Apps might help you with your meal plan and weight loss. I've not used either so I don't know how good they are:

For iPhone (image linked):



For Android phones (image linked):




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...