06 January 2012

2012 Resolution #3 - Learn Something New

I'm very sorry I didn't get this post out yesterday. I woke up yesterday morning with a really bad head cold and I felt lousy so I went to bed. I feel a bit better today thank goodness...hope it wasn't a problem!

My 3rd resolution is to learn something new this year. I've been wanting to learn how to use Illustrator better so I am planning on taking an online class. I joined up over at Vector Diary and their training tutorials. I also am thinking about taking a class at Jessica Sprague.com. I've always did my best to use my own images and doing as much of my own creating as possible and I think using Illustrator will help so much. I also have another program I bought last year that I really want to get to grips with...more on this one later. hee hee hee.

I also want to take a few crafting classes. It's hard for me to get to them sometimes and in my area there aren't many around to begin with but I have a few feelers out. I might even just do a make and take at a craft show which I've never done before. There are a few craft techniques I want to get more into as well such as using alcohol inks and stains. I love messy crafting...lol. I also received a mini sewing machine for Christmas. It's just a cheap one but it should be perfect for sewing on craft projects. I cannot use most sewing machines due to the fact I cannot use my feet to work the pedal (I'm paralysed remember.) This craft one also can be run by a button so I need to get it out of the box and give it a go.

So you can see I have quite a few new things I want to try. How about you? Is there something you've been wanting to find out more about? It doens't have to be taught in a classroom, just reading about or researching a new topic that you know nothing about is learning. Using your brain is the best way to stay younger longer. Hey we could all use some of that...lol! Leave me a comment and tell me what you would like to learn this year.

No images today...just text....horrors of horrors! Me, not use graphics???? AHHHHHH....lol.

Hugs, Dorothy
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...